Your search results

Paperwork sending you crazy?

Posted by hrqld on December 17, 2013
| 1

When you finally decide on the ‘right’ house for removal sometimes the excitement can get the better of you, I know what I am like when I make a large decision – I want to make sure I do it right the first time. There is nothing worse than getting your dream house, only to be delayed by the ‘council process’ and figuring out what paperwork you need to complete. Don’t let the paperwork send you crazy, we have several associates that can manage this process for you.  We have long term relationships with these people and are happy to share our knowledge with you. House Relocation Qld will help you get into your new home sooner.

Examples of some services include: (but not limited to)

  • Council Application
  • working drawings
  • structural designs
  • soil tests and designs
  • contour plans
  • removal and demolition permits
  • pest reports
  • asbestos reports
  • sewerage designs

You should also approach your local Council, in most cases, they are happy to help you through the process. I have even had meetings with the council before I purchased land to ascertain its suitability for building. (turns out it was time well spent as the land access was below the flood line and the road in would have had to be upgraded.. approx cost $500K) I didn’t buy the land. Most councils also charge an Amenities and Aesthetics bond. This is, for the most part, fully refundable when you achieve occupancy for the home. All approvals have a certain amount of allocated time for you to finish the build, if you run over this time, the council may use your bond to finish the outside of the house so that it looks acceptable from the street. No-one wants to look at an unfinished project for 15 years.

Councils are also willing to work with you in reducing the bond. If you purchase a house that is renovated already and only needs a few minor cosmetic finishes you may find the bond is the same amount as the quote to tidy the house. All councils will want photos of the house prior to issuing approval. Photos should include all 4 sides.  A few councils will want to personally inspect the home prior to approvals, be prepared for an inspection charge if this is your local councils’ rules. (Scenic Rim is one).

The house removal process is more manageable with the right information to start with. My favourite saying is Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance, in other words, the more you are prepared, the smoother things will go. We are here to help you.

Contact Us Today

One thought on “Paperwork sending you crazy?

  • Glenda Corbett
    on April 18, 2019

    Great news, good to know. Thanks 🙏

Leave a Reply